Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A string of antibiotic pearls.........


Hello to all !!!
In my earlier post I mentioned about the traditional knowledge and wisdom about the food remedies being passed on from one generation to another.


Now that we start the journey into the medicinal properties of food, I have to respect the “King” of all food medicine before i even take a glance at the others.
You might have guessed it right!
IT CANNOT BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN GARLIC .

I can still remember myself when i was small and used to have a runny nose due to some weather
change and would be down with some respiratory infection, I used to wear a wonderful little necklace around my neck to ward off the infection.
Now you can ask me what kind of superstition was this?

You will be surprised to know that i would be wearing several cloves of garlic ( peeled and beaded) on a piece of string, around my neck!!!!
Oh what an awfully smelly necklace that was :( But believe me, it always did its job well and helped me recover from the infection faster and without any antibiotic prescription from the family physician.


Now that the world has recognized the properties of Garlic, we all know that Allacin is the chemical
compound which offered the awful smell to my childhood string of pearls and it is this exact
chemical which fought against the infection too :)

PS: It is very safe to use a similar string of garlic pearls for your kids too.I have tried it on my little ones and it stills shows the same beneficial effects.

6 comments:

RahuDe said...

Good to Read and follow... thanks for posting informative article on this blog

preeti said...

now i will never forget garlic 8-)
i want to know more on use of herbs in diet..wud like to read ur views on it..

Anonymous said...

I also remember a string of garlic when I was down with Jaundice. I wonder why!

Unknown said...

Also have heard that garlic is good to reduce cholestrol....is tat true?

Unknown said...

Hi Shradha, you are working on vey useful project. Congrates,
Yes, I have heard about garlic string. Also I have heard that it is very important in our daily diet too as it is good for heart functioning. Is it true.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pallavi,

You heard it right!
2 cloves of Garlic everyday after you get up and the LDL cholestrol will reduce drastically. You will be amazed to see the results in a months time.